Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blog #3

How is technology shaping today's youth?

I chose this question because I myself am part of what we call, "Generation Y." Many people have negative views towards my generation because it has been said that teenagers and adolescents are selfish, lack respect, and rely way too much on technology. Older generations believe that the world of teenagers is absorbed by technology and more technological advances will only negatively impact the younger generations.

I think this is a question with numerous answers. With this topic being so popular, I think I would be able to find endless amounts of data and research. In terms of a 10-page paper, I feel like it would be helpful to look at teenagers from other parts of the world and not just focus only on American teenagers. I think a good way to start is to look at the academic performances of teenagers in relation to the amount of technology used everyday by teenagers. It would also be good to look at how much time teenagers spend every day on their ipods or computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment